FoCuSeD™ Introductory Facilitation Skills – Course Description
How significant is the value of Facilitation? A Collaboration Revolution is coming and you need to be ready with the needed critical skills for success: self-awareness, teambuilding and trust, communication skills, critical thinking, innovative problem-solving, and collaborative solutions – facilitation skills in business and in life. As we move towards an era when outsourcing is commonplace, co-creating, co-working, and the gig economy increases, these skills become more critical. The ability to bring people together and accomplish good work – facilitation skills – is a skill set that cannot be outsourced and are transferrable from one role or business to another. Increasingly, these skills are being included as core competencies in many job roles because people develop better ideas that benefit the greater whole. These are the most important skills to develop in the 21st Century.
My FoCuSeD™ Facilitation technique is a unique approach to structured facilitation and the state-of-the-art in structured facilitation methodology. Until FoCuSeD™, facilitation techniques have been either about “process” or “people” skills. FoCuSeD™ contains a unique concept for developing structured agendas with an understanding of the two parallel developments occurring, “the workshop/meeting process and the emotional group cycle”, that must be holistically planned to achieve collaborative useful solutions – the ultimate structured facilitation technique.
My FoCuSeD™ Introductory Facilitation Skills online class covers skills that supplement your job skills. I provide you with detailed people tools to ensure collaborative useful solutions and I give you effective leadership, business, and interpersonal skills that build your confidence and enhance your ability to be successful. This sets the foundation for your facilitation skills. I cover:
- What is facilitation and when is it used.
- What do facilitators do?
- “How to” present yourself effectively.
- “How to” actively listen.
- “How to” ask effective questions.
- “How to” improve your communication.
For additional information – online course description
FoCuSeD™ online classes coming soon:
- FoCuSeD™ Facilitating People and Conflict
- FoCuSeD™ Holistic Facilitation Process Design | Problem Solving
- FoCuSeD™ Facilitated Business Data Modeling
- FoCuSeD™ Facilitated Strategic Planning
FoCuSeD™ Introductory Facilitaiton Skills online class –
Coming Soon! 4th Quarter 2016
Trainer: Gary Rush, IAF CPF
I am pleased to announce our FoCuSeD™ Introductory Facilitation Skills online class. It covers the Essence of being a group Facilitator; “how to” prepare, execute, and close a workshop or meeting, along with support tools, Foundational Facilitator Skills and Communication Skills. This class will enable you to take back strategies for “how to” fit group facilitation skills into your job and begin facilitating.
This class is ideal for anyone who wants to develop group facilitation skills to supplement their job skills and enable collaboration, including:
- Managers, Team Leaders, and Others – to run effective meetings.
- Project Managers – to manage their teams and enable methods, such as Agile and DevOps, to be successful.
- Business Analysts and Process Improvement Specialists – to enable effective requirements elicitation.
- Facilitators, Counselors, Consultants, and HR Specialists – to effectively interview, accomplish tasks, and increase collaboration.
This online class covers Group Facilitator Skills necessary to facilitate workshops / meetings:
- What is Facilitation? What’s the history? When is it used?
- What do Group Facilitators do? How does this fit with your job?
- Presentation skills – conveying your message
- Active Listening – communicating understanding, and comprehending
- Questions – information gathering
- Neutrality – staying focused on the process
FoCuSeD™ Introductory Facilitation Skills online class is designed so that the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Facilitation and its history.
- Describe how to initiate, run, and close a workshop.
- Describe why and how to use group norms.
- Describe the various roles and why each is important.
- Describe the components of preparation.
- Take back strategies for “how to” fit facilitation skills into their job.
- Develop Active Listening skills for effective communication.
- Gain insight to handle their fears in front of a group.
- Let go of the “I”, the ego – the personal stake in the outcome.
- PDF version of FoCuSeD™ Introductory Facilitation Skills by Gary Rush, IAF CPF
- A class Certificate of Completion.
- The Essence of Facilitation – Let’s get FoCuSeD™!
- Facilitating People – Foundation
- Communication Skills
FoCuSeD™ Introductory Facilitation Skills online class – coming soon. It covers the Essence of being a group Facilitator; “how to” prepare, execute, and close a workshop or meeting, along with support tools, Foundational Facilitator Skills and Communication Skills. This class will enable you to take back strategies for “how to” fit group facilitation skills into your job and begin facilitating.